Friday, January 13, 2012

Hospital Stay # 2

Another update and it hasn’t been a week.  Yes, that means we have had another adventure besides the weekly appointment.  Yesterday Cassie called me while I was at work to let me know she was feeling worse than normal with pressure and contractions, and to give me a heads up that she may have to go to the hospital to make sure everything was okay. An hour or so later, she called to say things weren’t better and I should come get her.  Once at the hospital, Cassie was put through the usual tests; monitor the babies’ heartbeats and her contractions.  Monitoring the babies is an ordeal for the nurses.  They are not use to getting three heartbeats at a time so their machine isn’t set up for them to see all three on the same monitor.  They had to call in back up.  Cassie’s OB checked her out and everything is still looking like the babies are not ready arrive just yet, but her doctor wanted to keep her overnight.  By dinner time Cassie’s contractions were practically gone, so Cassie said she planned to come home the next day.
Unfortunately, the drugs designed to help stop her contractions, started an intense migraine. Come three o’clock in the morning, Cassie was throwing up in the bed.  Luckily she got better.  Her OB came in Friday morning and confirmed the obvious, that Cassie’s body was “done,” but since she was not in danger her goal is to make it two more weeks.  Funny thing is that when Cassie told me about her talk with the doctor I caught that the doctor said Cassie’s body was done, but from somewhere, I though Cassie said that the doctor told her she would like Cassie to make it a few more days.  I thought we were setting a delivery date and even shared that news with our parents.  After talking with Cassie again later when she was telling me what the high risk doctor said, I asked Cassie what happened to a few days.  Cassie was confused as she said she never mentioned setting a delivery date so soon.  I am sure I misunderstood, but maybe all of Cassie’s drugs hadn’t worn off and she had said it? J 
Cassie was quick to let me know that she was told she got to come home tonight.  Cassie is more uncomfortable than ever and twice as swollen as when she went in to the hospital.  We are all home now and whether it is a few days or two weeks, we will take what time we have to enjoy the three of us, until the other three arrive. 

Prayers:
  1. Continued well being of the boys
  2. Health and comfort of Cassie.  She does not feel well, but is willing to hold on a couple of weeks to benefit the babies.

Care Calendar Information
Calendar ID:  94874
Security Code:  7373



1 comment:

  1. Cassie's Grandfather is my Uncle John, he is the brother of my grandmother Eleanor. I grew up with Jerry even tho' he is way way older then me. Wish you all the luck and hoping for a few more weeks and comfort. Then you will have 4 boys. WOW!!

    ReplyDelete