Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Big Milestone...32 Weeks

Today is a very exciting day.  We have made it to 32 weeks.  Thank you for all of the prayers, we know that is why we have made it this far.  Feeling so blessed!  So many risks decrease at this point. The babies are estimated to be approaching four pounds and 16+ inches long.  So lets run the numbers for fun...that is about 12 pounds and 48 inches of babies in my large belly.  Funny to think about, and believe me I am starting to feel it.  With each day I become more uncomfortable and am beginning to wonder how much longer my body will hold up.  Yesterday, I went to see my OB for my weekly check-up.  It was the first time I didn't drive myself to my appointment.  My friend, Debbie, was kind enough to drive me and keep me company.  I promised myself and several others that I would be completely honest with Dr. Haney about my "aches and pains."  Like most people I am guilty of saying, "I feel great!" even when I am wondering how much more I can take.  The appointment began with a weight check (which I won't share because it is becoming depressing, I am seeing numbers I never thought were possible) and then the blood pressure check.  I was concerned about my blood pressure numbers because I am beginning to swell  (the benefit to this is that my wrinkles are filling in).  Thankfully my numbers were great.  Dr. Haney spend a good ten minutes stressing the importance of heading to the hospital if I felt any changes.  So much can change and take a turn for the worse at this point so she wanted to be sure I understood the importance of listening to my body.  Because of all of my discomfort and sudden swelling, my doctor felt it would be best if I went over to the hospital for monitoring.  After spending over five hours monitoring heart rates, contractions, blood work, and an ultrasound we were thankful to find that our boys are doing well and not showing signs of stress.  Home sweet home!!!  We had our bags packed just in case we needed to stay.  As wonderful as the nurses and staff are at Baptist Hospital ,there is no place like home.  Praying that I will be able to continue to "enjoy" my bed rest at home and not at the hospital. 

Please continue to pray for the babies.  Each day is a bonus and will help our babies spend less time in the NICU.

Many of you have requested belly pictures. My goal has always been to avoid pregnancy pictures, for the most part.  It is fun to have one or two to look back at but I don't need an entire album :).  However, I have reluctantly decided to post the growing belly for all to enjoy. 

5 comments:

  1. This is the most awesome post ever!!! And you better have some big 'ol belly pictures, Girl! I mean, how many women can say "I carried triplets!"? (Incidentally, I'm pretty sure that's the size my belly was with my last one - a mere singleton). Happy and excited beyond words for you. Praying constantly and eagerly awaiting how I can be a help to you guys. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie- I can't remember if I ave signed in before or not, but I am reading and I am praying. So thankful you are blogging and look forward to continuing to follow your adventures in motherhood. I know we don't see each other often, but I mean it when I say I love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! A belly picture! Thank you! You look like I did with one ten pound baby in my tummy. So thankful for 32 weeks. I love you a ton. Praying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome news! I continue to pray and think of you daily. And same as Annette, I was even bigger than you with one baby boy! But really all that matters is that you and the babies are healthy. I can't wait to meet them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoy reading your blog. my son and his wife are also expecting triplets, all girls. they are due the same as you. all is well so far. praying for both of you and 6 healthy babies.

    ReplyDelete