Friday, December 2, 2011

12/1/11 - Improvement

Brian again.  Yes, that means that Cassie is not quite back in extended typing shape.  The good news is that there is improvement since the last update.  Cassie is now in an antepartum room so she does not need 24 hour monitoring.  Twice each day nurses monitor Cassie for contractions and the babies’ heart rate.  There are signs of irritation but what we see on the monitor is normal for anyone carrying triplets.  The babies are doing well.  She has been taken off all iv drugs.  Cassie is excited about no longer being on the Magnesium Sulfate, putting an end to the achy and run-down feeling.  Doctors have Cassie on Procardia, an oral medication to help prevent contractions and an antibiotic.
Cassie is now able to get up to shower once per day, helping her feel that much more like things are getting back to normal, or at least the new normal for her. The unknown part for now is when she will go home.  Today her OB said she would like for her to stay through the weekend.  I think Cassie is just ready to be home so she can get a better, uninterrupted night’s sleep.  She is certain she can lie around just as well at home as she is doing in the hospital.  One of the motivations Cassie has to follow the doctors orders of “strict bed rest” when she comes home is because the doctor said that if she has to come back in the hospital for complications, she will most likely have to stay until the babies are delivered.
We greatly appreciate all of the inquiries, well wishes and prayers.  Please continue to pray for the growth and health of the boys…..and I guess the same would apply to Cassie for that matter.  Brock could use prayers as well as he seems to be acting like he is in need of more time with mommy and daddy.  His routine has been altered and as adults we don’t normally handle that well, so I guess I can’t fault a four year old much either.  Just talking about Brock can make me emotional so I can only imagine the effect three more is going to have on me.  I will love all the “guy stuff” multiplied by four, but that means four times the love and emotion too.  It is exciting to think about, but due to these recent events, I will no longer say that I can’t wait for them to be here.  I can wait because Cassie knows I need to do some more organizing.  Maybe for now I will say that I anticipate the babies’ arrival, but pray it is no time soon.

2 comments:

  1. Cassie, I sure have been thinking about you and all 5 of the boys (wow that's going to be a ton a testosterone!). I miss seeing you at school. I want to bring you dinner soon. I love to cook and I could bring a crock pot full of some yummy comfort food. My family will continue to pray for all of you! Love mad hugs from Linda Volner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ! It's the Farmer's :) We have been praying for you and will continue to pray that the babies bake just as long as God will allow...I am so sorry for all of your discomfort and pain. It will all be worth it ! Hang in there ! There are so many pulling for you !

    My flesh and my heart fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26

    ReplyDelete