Tuesday, December 27, 2011

30 weeks

It is another big milestone week.  Feeling so blessed that God has kept my body strong enough to carry my boys to 30 weeks. Today I visited my OB for my weekly check up.  No ultrasound this week, we will have to wait until next week to see our sweet little boys.  At my check up we discussed several things and she measured my growing belly.   Each day I think to myself, "How can I grow anymore?"  When people ask about my size I always tell them my belly is bigger at 30 weeks than I was when I delivered Brock.  Today my sweet Dr. Haney confirmed this when she measured the baby belly.  After looking back she noted that the day before I delivered Brock (40 weeks) I measured 38 weeks.  Well, today I measured 42 weeks.  No wonder I feel like I am about to bust.  Someone, I believe it is Baby B, is in my ribs.  I have a short torso anyway and everything is getting squished.  As the nurse so "lovingly" pointed out, I have gained almost 50 pounds.  Each time I step on the scale and the number goes up I am so thankful because I know it means these boys are growing too...it isn't just my beach ball belly.  Dr. Haney mentioned several times how exciting it is that we have made it to this point.  We are thrilled to be at 30 weeks but want to keep going for at least two more weeks.  So much can change and can change quickly, so I am to remain on bed rest. 


For some exciting news:  we have finally settled on three first names (still working on middle names).  Naming one baby seemed so much easier, so it has taken us a little longer to come up with these three names.  During our posts we will still be referring to them as Baby A, B, and C.  The plan is to wait to decide who is who when they are born. Within the next month or so we will be meeting EVAN, LINCOLN, AND CADE. 

***********************************************************************************

Prayer Requests and Praises: 

*for my body and the amazing strength it is displaying and changes it is undergoing -  Praise God!

*the contractions will stay at a minimum and will stop quickly

*all three boys will continue to grow at a steady rate

*for me to keep my fear of a c-section and the recovery in prospective

*that I will be able to sleep a little more comfortably (I don't expect to be comfortable at this point but I really would like to sleep a little more soundly and for longer stretches at night)

*Praise God for the strength of my husband.  He is an amazing man who has taken on so many new challenges during this pregnancy.  His goal is for my only job to be to grow babies. 

*Also, a praise for all of those servant-hearted people who have brought us meals, cleaned, organized, prayed for us, and assisted with Brock.  We are so, so thankful for each of you.



Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!



=========================================================================

Care Calendar Information
Calendar ID:  94874
Security Code:  7373

6 comments:

  1. Praying for you all!!! I had to have a C-Section with my second and would do it again!! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had to come up w two names for our precious Ethiopian children. Not easy, but fun. Glad to hear u r hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so so excited for you! I can't wait to meet your bundles of joy! I know you look amazing!
    ~Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the update...your prayer for Brian made me cry...he is such a gift to you and such a selfless servant. You both are sacrificing for such a beautiful event. I am always here for anything...continued prayers your way friends. We love you and your baby names!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I know several people who gained 65 pounds with one so I don't want to hear it Gorgeous...I saw you two weeks ago...you make it disgustingly beautiful. ;) So proud of you for having such a cool perspective on that because you know the boys are growing. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! We are so excited for you guys to make it so far!! and we love the names! Keep up the good work. I'm sure they will have great middle names too! Let us know when we can help!

    ReplyDelete