Tuesday, November 15, 2011

24 Week Ultrasound

Today we were excited to see our three little guys.  Lots of good news!  All three babies are growing and everything looks great.  Two boys are head down and one is in the breach position. The approximate weight and percentiles of each baby are as follows:
  Baby A  1 lb 7 oz  52%
  Baby B  1 lb 5 oz  30%
  Baby C  1 lb 8 oz  67%
These percentiles are very encouraging since they are being compared to singleton babies and triplets are often smaller. We met a new doctor today, who was very encouraged by what she saw on the ultrasound, but like all my other doctors she is also realistic.  Just as we have been told several times, this doctor told us that I would likely spend some time in the hospital before delivery (attempting to keep the babies inside a little longer or to more closely monitor my health and the health of each baby).  She also shared with us that triplet babies often like to join the world between 28 and 32 weeks.  This is pretty scary since we are only four weeks away from 28 weeks.  Obviously, everything can change quickly so we will continue to have regular ultrasounds.  We hope to update this blog with each doctors visit and with specific prayer requests.


Our Prayer Request
(Many of you have asked how you can help.  We humbly ask for prayers.  We strongly believe in the power of prayer it has given us peace and comfort so many times in the past.)


1.  Babies will continue to grow and develop at a healthy rate
2.  Cassie's body will continue to provide an ideal home for the babies

4 comments:

  1. Your mom, Joni, posted about your new blog on fb. I am so excited for you and praying that those babies stay right where they are and continue to grow. Also that you are well and stay healthy as they continue to grow.
    I know the losses, been there, but He never closes one door without opening another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Cassie, I'm so excited to read about your pregnancy. It really just fascinates me, lol. I will continue to pray for you and those precious babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I lived closer...I would come help hold!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cassie, I know you don't know me, but I've known and loved your momma and her family since we were all kids (I was older than your momma!!!) Anyway, I am SO excited for you and for your family. I know how thrilled your momma is. She and I both love being grandmas, and both of us are VERY good at it (we've compared notes!!!) I, too, wish I were close enough to be able to be a cuddler when you get home and need extra hands...it's one of my specialties!! Love you, and I'll be praying!!
    Linda Teel

    ReplyDelete