Friday, November 18, 2011

11/17/2011 Dr. Appointment Update

Yesterday, I had an appointment with my regular OB and wanted to give you a brief update.  Currently, I see both a high risk OB and my regular OB, Dr. Haney, who delivered Brock, and will likely deliver these three boys.  Dr. Haney was encouraged by what she saw on the ultrasound report but was still cautiously optimistic.  She shared that these babies are viable at this point but we obviously do NOT want them to join the world just yet.  The longer they stay inside the better, up to 36 weeks.  After 36 weeks they have found that triplets no longer thrive in the womb, and they will deliver them if by a miracle they are still holding on.  Of course at that point I'm sure I will be begging to deliver.  Prior to looking at the ultrasound and talking to me, Dr. Haney had intentions of putting me on a more restricted bed rest schedule.  However, since things are going so well, she has allowed me to stay on my current "mortified bed rest" schedule,  resting two uninterrupted hours, on my side, each morning and afternoon.  She did encourage me to spend every two or three days doing nothing and laying around most of the day.  I know this sounds wonderful to all of you with busy schedules and I am trying to enjoy these quiet, relaxing moments, but I also long for the energy to be up preparing for the arrival of these little ones.  So how big am I?...Well maybe someday I will get the courage to post a picture.  To put it in prospective, I am 24 weeks and a normal 24 week pregnant women's uterus would measure 24 cm.  I currently measure 33 weeks.  This measurement has not changed in the last couple of weeks, likely because my little miracles are in line and are spreading out wider.  I honestly feel pretty good.  It would be great to have more energy but I know that is God's way of keeping me on the couch.  If I don't feel like getting up and going then I don't.  Thanks for all of your continued prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment